It was just as we all suspected. Amy Winehouse wasn’t hospitalized for exhaustion as originally reported. Instead, she had a “huge drug overdose.”
The Sun Online has the details and they’re not pretty:
The semi-conscious singer was hauled in by husband Blake Fielder-Civil and a girl pal.
When she reached the reception desk, her legs buckled and she fell to the floor with a shriek.
The party-loving star’s trademark beehive hair hung lank around her shoulders as staff at London’s University College Hospital rushed her for emergency treatment.
Tattooed Amy, whose stick-thin frame and sallow complexion has worried friends and fans alike, was given an adrenaline shot in the early hours drama. And she had her stomach pumped.
Last night her record company Island claimed she was admitted suffering from “severe exhaustion”.
But The Sun can reveal an overdose was the cause of the collapse.
The sun also tells of a “witness” who saw the whole thing go down:
A witness who saw Amy’s 1am arrival at the hospital told how she was in a “â€œreal state.” The observer added: “She was falling over and stumbling around. She didn’t look well at all.
“She was with a female friend and a bloke who I think was her husband. He was wearing a trilby.
“They came in and went straight up to the reception desk. Her friends looked really worried about her.
“The bloke was holding her up because she couldn’t really stand on her own. Her girlfriend was doing all the talking and the receptionist seemed to be listening very carefully.
“That’s when I realised Amy must have been really ill because although there was a big crowd of people in the waiting area, she was rushed straight through.
“A nurse came over and helped Amy into the main part of the hospital.”
A close friend of the singer said: “We’ve been terrified something like this would happen for months.Amy has lost the plot and her partying is out of control. We are praying this is the wake-up call she needs.”
Time to say “yes, yes, yes…” Amy.
Popularity: 1% [?]